Senior Software Engineer
FunCraft is seeking a Senior Software Engineer to help build out our next generation of casual mobile games. We're a Unity shop with a focus on word and puzzle games. Our three biggest hits are Wordgrams, Word Yatzy, and Hello Kitty: Merge Town.
We love small teams and enabling talented people to build. Our ideal engineer candidate loves games; values data informing their work; has a creative bent (an eye for fun gameplay and polish); and appreciates the challenges of building games as a business. At FunCraft, you will be expected to bring new titles from concept to live - often as the sole engineer on the title.
- Work with product and UX/UI to develop new features from scratch
- Estimate task work and create timelines to bring new titles to launch
- Merge successful features back into our common code base
- Collaborate with player support to investigate live issues impacting our customers
Skills & Requirements:
- 4+ years of Unity experience
- 2+ years of mobile experience
- Experience with version control with P4, git, or equivalent
- Good (English) communication sills, both verbal and written
- Passion for video games
- Familiarity with AWS not required, but an asset
- Familiarity with mobile ad technology not required, but an asset
Sound interesting? Send us your resume; a list of the games and features you've worked on; size of the games and teams; and an impactful feature you made to firstname.lastname@example.org . Highlight your contributions and growth of the games. We are open to candidates from anywhere in the world!
We believe small teams can do great things. And know that unleashing action-oriented, high performers who execute is the best way to find that greatness. We want to work with people who are passionate about the unique challenges and joys of game-making.
We believe the best way to learn is by doing. We accelerate our learning by prioritizing speed. We achieve our speed through clarity, focus, simplicity, and quick decisions. FunCraft gamemakers have tremendous responsibility and a huge impact on their games.
We fully embrace remote working and distributed development. We love working with gamemakers around the world. There are so many great games to make - help us make them!